Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Podcasting

Paragraph 1: What did you learn about podcasting.  How it can be used in the classroom?
I learned that podcasting are audio or video files over the internet uploaded to a mp3 player or an iPod. Teachers can use podcasting for students who are auditory learners so they can listen to lessons and have them read to them various times. A students who is absent from class can benefit from podcasting to catch up on lessons missed.


Paragraph 2: How is podcasting different / similar to other Web 2.0 applications we discussed so far?
Voice thread and podcasting are similar in that they both can have files and images exported to mp3 players. Podcasting and blogging are similar in that they are both effective. Podcasting is like blogging only it’s auditory. The other difference I find is the medium used. I would recommend people who like to read to use blogs and people who like watching television to use podcasts.



Paragraph 3: Your reflection:  Do you own an iPod or MP3 player?  How do you use it?  Would you use it in your classroom and how? What do you think about advantages/disadvantages of online communication tools?
My cell phone contains an MP3 player and I don't use it much. I have a few songs on it but other than that, I don't mess with it. I could use it in my classroom in various ways. I could upload files with stories to be read to my students instead of having them read the stories they could just listen. I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in that it promotes student interaction and are convenient and easy to access. I think the only huge disadvantage I would find with a few of the tools provided with are that one must be technology knowledgeable and some cost money in order to use them.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah My phone has mp3 too! I don't hardly use it but I do think that it is a great thing to use for education!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an iphone and I rarely use the ipod either. I have not ever thought about using it in the school setting. I think this is a great idea though and it might work really well for some teachers and students.

    ReplyDelete